- Remove the FYL test strips from its sealed tube. For best results, the test should be performed within one hour. The tube lid should be closed tightly after removing the individual strip.
- Hold the FYL test strip by the end, where the name is printed. To avoid corrupting the integrity of the strip, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Hold the strip vertically, dip the test strip into the urine specimen container for a minimum of 15-30 seconds. Do not submerge the strip past the maximum line (MAX).
- After 15-30 seconds, remove the FYL strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start a 5 minute timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be ready within 5 minutes. It is important not to wait more than 10 minutes to interpret the results to avoid an erroneous reading. FORENSIC USE ONLY
- (FYL) Fentanyl is metabolized in the liver by the CYP3A4 enzyme, and 90% of it is excreted in urine in the form of metabolites. (FYL) test strips are used as a biological marker of Fentanyl consumption. This (FYL) test strip is designed to be used in situations where it is necessary to accurately identify the presence of Fentanyl consumption.
- (FYL) It is detectable through a urine test conducted up to 3 days after the last dose. These (FYL) strips were specifically calibrated to detect Fentanyl consumption. The administrator of the test should always consider external sources as “Rule Outs” in the event of a positive result. Positive results should always be immediately secured and sent to a Laboratory for quantitative and definitive testing to ensure accuracy.