Nexium 24 HR Acid Reducer Delayed-Release Capsules, 14/PackDirections.
- adults 18 years of age and older.
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment.
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take very day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed).
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be cause by a serious condition.
Do Not use if seal under bottle cap imprinted with “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” or yellow band around the center of each capsule is broken or missing.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole.
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have.
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking.
- warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
- prescriptions antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children, in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.